We are excited to present you with new, fun, and educational opportunities!
The District is eager to provide information on mosquito and other vector threats to the Coachella Valley. We can go to you, or you can come to us. Take advantage of our free educational opportunities.
We provide free informational materials, crafts and activities. Presentations are customizable to fit any setting. We have incorporated California Content Standards and The Next Generation Science Standards into our classroom and school-based lessons. Lessons are now available for all grades.
Schedule a presentation today on our online calendar.
- Become a prevention advocate! We will send you hard copies of our brochures to distribute door-to-door or at neighborhood meetings. - OR - Request a packet to share an online packet in your neighborhood's newsletter.
- Community educational booths - Live mosquito life cycle displays, information materials, free repellent, fly swatters, and other useful, mosquito-combatting stuff.
- District tours! See firsthand the District's state-of-the-art laboratory, mosquito fish ponds, operations, information technology, drone and fleet services, and public outreach departments.
- Interactive programs - Tailored for classrooms, events, Girl and Boy Scout troops, camps, community centers, and neighborhood associations.
- Job shadows! Spend a day or a morning each week learning how we use science to achieve best our mission of reducing vectors to protect public health.
- Presentations - Community targeted presentations about vectors biology, habitat, and the diseases they transmit.