The District is eager to provide information on mosquito and other vector threats to the Coachella Valley. We can go to you or you can come to us. Take advantage of our free educational opportunities:
- Presentations! City Council, community, or school presentations about vectors, their biology and habitats, and diseases they transmit.
- Educational booths! Live mosquito life cycle displays, information materials, free repellent, fly swatters, and other useful, mosquito-combatting stuff.
- Interactive programs! Tailored for classrooms, events, Girl and Boy Scout troops, camps, community centers, and neighborhood associations, includes a presentation, a life-sized backyard display, mosquito-eating fish, and other age-appropriate activities.
- Job shadows! Spend a day or a morning each week learning how we use science to best achieve our mission of reducing vectors to protect public health.
- Internships! We work with Health Career Connections to provide a college student a paid summer internship to practice what they are learning in university.
- District tours! See firsthand the District's state of the art laboratory, mosquito fish ponds, and operations, information technology, fleet services, and public outreach departments.
- Printed Materials. You can access and print any of our publicly availalbe informational materials for a variety of educational needs.
Contact Tammy Gordon at (760) 342-8287 or submit a request via email to schedule a presentation, invite us to set up a booth, or schedule a tour.